Save money with @earlybird and 10 other special-deal Twitterers
The @earlybird account will be sharing made-for-Twitter discounts with users. The deals will be similar to the deep discounts that Groupon and Gilt shoppers are familiar with, including "special time-bound deals, sneak-peeks, and events," according to the @earlybird's official help page.
So far @earlybird has yet to tweet any hot deals or limited-time discounts, but the account already has more than 34,000 followers and has been added to more than 1,000 Twitter lists. The account will soon begin tweeting deals from advertising partners who pay Twitter to promote their sales.
If you can't wait for the savings, here are ten of our favorite Twitter accounts to follow for up-to-the-minute discounts and deals.
- @dealsplus - Sales on tech, home, entertainment and more. Never any fluff -- just deals. I saved $20 on a brand new Xbox 360 game thanks to @dealsplus.
- @dealnews - Great discounts on all types of items. For hot tech deals follow the @DanDealNews, the website's editor.
- @amazondeals - Collection of "Lightning Deal" and Deal of the Day discounts.
- @fatwalletdeals - Bringing the deals from one of the web's most known deal websites to your Twitter stream.
- @slickdeals - My personal favorite, Slickdeals.net offers hot deals on technology, home and more.
- @NeweggHotDeals - Some of the hottest deals on tech.
- @Wootoff - Even though Woot! was purchased by Amazon, tune in for alerts on the next fast paced Woot Off, Daily Deals can be found on @woot.
- @retailmenot - Coupon codes and timely retweets of offers from other retailers and coupon websites.
- @LogicBUY - Discounts and exclusive coupon codes on computer, notebooks and technology.
- @Savings - Coupons, tips and sales to help you save on all types of purchases.
Following many of these accounts on Twitter allows me to make sure I get the best deal and stay aware of coupons, discounts and deals that are relevant to me without wasting time looking for deals and being tempted by all the deals that call out from the forums and deal websites.