Sample Resume: Sales Manager
As a sales professional, George's performance was measured on a regular basis. He had several examples of how he had exceeded company expectations and quotas and multiple awards to show how his performance ranked compared to his peers.
This information was leveraged to create a strong set of metrics-driven, accomplishment-focused statements for George's resume. In addition, an areas of expertise section was included to quickly show George's key competencies and prove his strong fit for other sales manager positions.
10 Sanford Drive · Andover, ME 04216
email@example.com · 207-555-1212 (H) · 207-555-1213 (C)
Top-performing sales professional with award-winning excellence exceeding sales quotas, managing, training, and supporting teams, and driving organizational growth and profitability for small, midsize, and Fortune 500 companies. Effective leader, communicator and negotiator with talent for handling problem accounts and promoting new business. Possess expertise in B2B and OEM sales, distributor networks, key account management, CRM, trade show execution, direct sales and marketing, PR, product training and placement, and associated functions.
Areas of Expertise
|Account Management||Market Share Expansion||Prospecting/Cold Calling|
|Business Development||Product Training & Placement||Trade Show Management|
|Team Leadership/Training||Original Equipment Manufacturers||Sales & Contact Reports|
|Reseller Accounts||Sales & Distribution Channels||Direct Sales & Marketing|
|Customer Base Expansion||Public Relations & Promotions||Sales Closings & Techniques|
|Territory Sales Management||Presentations & Proposals||Business to Business Sales|
|Pull-Through Marketing||Brand Awareness/Development||Upselling/Consultive Selling|
Matting Solutions – Fairfield, ME, 2000-10/2009
Leading manufacturer of matting products for the picture framing industry, with locations in the US, France, and Germany.
Regional Sales Manager
Tasked with account management, sales support, product training, and product placement within Northeast picture framing distributor network. Managed direct sales, customer service, PR, and brand awareness to promote new business with custom picture framers, designers, OEM's, art material retailers, and distributors. Trained sales agents on cold-calling and associated techniques, and traveled with them on sales calls to acquaint them with company and industry practices and procedures.
Conducted on site seminars for distributor representatives and customer service personnel, describing product lines and highlights. Attended national and regional trade shows, open houses, industry-related conferences, and meetings. Organized and executed product blitzes in target markets. Managed monthly sales and contact reports.
- Recognized as top performer, exceeding sales quotas 7 out of 9 years.
- Opened several key Maine-based OEM accounts totaling over $600K in annual sales.
- Awarded 2 unprecedented bonuses totaling $19K – well above the usual $5K to $7K range– for the 2003 coverage of 2 sales territories that both exceeded quota.
- Won 5 monthly contests in one year for the largest percentage sales growth.
- Negotiated long-term agreement with national school bid account for over $200K additional gross sales per year.
- Converted over 20 top-producing retail locations in 2007 by coordinating with distributor representatives to increase retail-level product placement and improve product visibility.
- Facilitated development of the framing specialist program; established a template and standardized reporting so company could utilize it for regional and national operations.
- Established a niche in OEM sales, regularly ranking top or second place in the field.
- Successfully created a "pull-through effect" for distributors, OEM's, and art retailers through effective public relations and promotions to custom picture framers and designers.
Framing Supplies Inc. – Fayette, ME, 1993-2000
Founded in 1984, one of the largest suppliers to the picture frame industry.
Inside Sales Representative
Managed sales territory in Southwestern US, as well as various international accounts. Sold products via the telephone and in-person contact, prospecting for new accounts or utilizing existing account base. Served as key in-house contact for customer / customer service sales inquiries and technical concerns. Supported outside sales representatives.
Managed and attended trade shows and industry conferences. Coordinated with cross-functional teams and departments including sales, credit, warehouse, and customer service. Trained customer service personnel on products and services, as well as company and industry standards and procedures. Supervised and coached new field sales team members on proper distribution of marketing materials.
- Automated and improved accuracy of key sales tool known as the Monthly Features List, reducing production time from 2 days to 2 hours.
- Recognized as the "go-to guy" for the resolution of customer conflicts and related concerns.
- Demonstrated stellar communication and negotiation skills through sales closings of premium accounts, preparation of quotes, the generation of new business, and the resolution of problem accounts.
* * *
Prior experience as Independent Sales Representative for HSS Marketing of Bar Harbor, ME, and Marketing Associate for Radio Hub of Bethel, ME
Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Saint Joseph's College of Maine – Standish, ME
Professional Selling Skills ♦ Prospecting Tools and Techniques
Essentials of Communicating with Diplomacy and Professionalism