Sample Resume: Physician Office Assistant
Reba had never written a resume before. She has held two positions in the past 22 years and the one time she changed jobs during that period, she found out about the physician office assistant position by word-of-mouth and she didn't need a resume to apply. Reba was unsure as to how to discuss anything other than her day to day job tasks and she knew that wouldn't be enough to get her noticed by employers.
Through our conversation, I learned how much her boss relied on her for speed, accuracy, and efficiency. I also realized that her language skills would be in high demand and played up her ability to speak both English and Spanish in her resume.
10 Rose Lane ▪ Miami, FL 33544 ▪ Cell: 305-788-5555 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
BI-LINGUAL PHYSICIAN OFFICE ASSISTANT with expertise in medical records management, electronic documentation systems, and general office administration. Proven ability to transcribe, quality check, and process large volumes of medical records documentation under tight deadlines. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Microscopic Diagnosis Reviews
Surgical Specimen Labeling
Dictation and Typing
Proofreading and Editing
Medical Data Storage/Retrieval
Filing and Mail Management
720 Transcription System
MERCY HOSPITAL CANCER CENTER, Miami, FL
2001 to Present
Physician Office Assistant for one of the world's leading pathology centers. Supported 16 pathologists in this fast-paced, time sensitive out-patient hospital environment.
- Transferred doctors' notes, Dictaphone entries, and pathology slide information for hundreds of patients weekly into electronic format using Co-path system.
- Meticulously quality checked and validated accuracy of all microscopic diagnoses by liaising with doctors, patients, and hospital administrators; achieved close to a 100% accuracy rate.
- Matched patient paperwork with patient slides; scanned documents and labeled slides.
- Routinely resolved all outstanding issues regarding missing patient materials by end of day.
- Edited doctor's notes for spelling and grammatical errors.
LARKIN HOSPITAL, Miami, FL
1988 to 2001
Medical Transcriptionist to the Vice Chairman of Pathology for this in-patient unit of a leading Miami hospital.
- Registered specimen information and transferred data into electronic format.
- Ensured integrity of patient data though vigilant fact-checking and follow up.
- Transcribed doctors' notes expeditiously and met all deadlines for documenting patient information.
Graduate, General Studies, Miami High School, Miami, FL