Sample Resume: Operations Manager
Cynthia wore many hats as the operations and office manager for this specialty foods distributor. A brief profile was included at the top to show her big picture value to employers. An areas of expertise section was included to make sure that the resume had all the right keywords to demonstrate her skill sets.
Under the professional experience heading, there is a brief description of Cynthia's job responsibilities and job scope, but all the bulleted statements represent the accomplishment-focused, metrics-driven information employers are looking for. Competency headings for her core knowledge areas were added to show her diverse skills in business development, operations, and product development.
Operations Manager with 14 years' experience managing multimillion-dollar importing business with a strong presence in the
▪ Procurement Management
▪ Supply Chain Management
▪ Inventory Control
▪ Assortment Planning and Merchandising
▪ Warehousing and Distribution
▪ Product Pricing
▪ Transportation Planning and Logistics
▪ Product Tracking Systems
▪ Client and Vendor Relations/Sales
▪ Recruiting, Training, and Staff Management
▪ Sales Growth and Profit Analysis
▪ Accounting and Annual Audits
Office Manager, Crete Imports, Inc.,
1996 to Present
Managed operations for $17M importer of gourmet foods, confectionaries, and perishables. Oversaw ten product lines, 400 products, and 48 employees. Sold to wholesalers for restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, and retail gourmet stores.
- Grew revenues over 400% (from $4M to $17M) in one decade; maintained positive earnings year after year.
- In just four years, transitioned start-up with three additional partners to 100% family-owned firm.
- Shifted company focus from importer, re-packer, and distributor only to include manufacturer and private label packer for some of the industry's top clients.
- Launched new distribution center to keep pace with expanding operation and new product offerings.
- Maintained exceptional cash flow by collecting payments within 45 days (75 days faster than industry norm).
- Developed filing system that improved retrieval of accounts payable, receivable, and shipment documents.
- Reduced number of order and pricing mistakes exponentially by implementing standardized processes for order taking, order entry, order preparation, invoicing, and order delivery.
- Virtually eliminated occurrences of product shortages and pricing errors and trimmed workload by dozens of hours weekly by co-developing automated system to track and report real time inventory and verify pricing.
- Proactively tracked product sales, class, and customer purchasing patterns by creating customized reports.
- Enhanced revenues substantially by creating demand for company's signature Crete Imports food products.
- Realized 20% increase in private label sales by repackaging products with more inviting graphics and logo and designing aggressive promotional campaigns.
- In only eight months captured new market share for company brand olive oil; product later became best seller.
- Undertook full P&L, operations, and marketing responsibilities during owner's absences (six weeks each year).
- Recruited and managed 48 employees in operations, warehousing, and sales.
- First point of contact for customer service issues and sounding board for sales team's concerns.
Accounts Payable Clerk, Siroli Imports, Inc.,
1995 to 1996
B.S., Business Administration,