Ben's resume showcases clear examples of how he did things smarter, faster, and more efficiently for his employers. Each bullet point focuses on success in core competency areas of accounting including bank reconciliation, fraud monitoring, and accounting software.
In addition to the typical accounting skills, Ben also demonstrates a knack for training members of other departments on accounting procedures. This combination of hard and soft skills helps position Ben as a versatile candidate. This resume was submitted by Geoff Coon, Founder, Owner, and President of Resume Platform.
1234 E. Broadway Rd. Unit #93 ♦ Mesa, AZ 85204 ♦ (480) 555-5555 ♦ email@example.com
Sr. Accountant / Financial Statement Accountant
Highly dedicated financial professional with vast experience in, and commitment to, the ERAC Business Management career path. Has grown with the company from a Management Trainee to Sr. Accountant to Financial Statement Accountant. Dedicated to the company's founding values of honesty, integrity and customer service. Has overcome adversity and is capable of adapting to ensure a seamless transition during change. Excels at working across departments to resolve issues and improve the company's bottom line.
|Team Leadership||Interdepartmental Collaboration||Dependability/Work Ethic|
|Honesty / Integrity||Internal/External Communication||Customer Service|
|Financial Accuracy||Policy Adherence & Awareness||ERAC Brand Values|
Enterprise Rent-a-Car – Tempe, AZ, 2005 – Present
Financial Statement Accountant (2008 – 1/2010)
Oversee the monthly financial statement process, including the management of standard entry processes, statement deadlines, and the daily requirement checklist for both the ERAC accounting team.
- Responsible for the accurate and on-time completion of the group's financials, representing as many as 14,000 daily rental units.
- Facilitated a seamless transition by working alongside the Group and Area Manager during an accounting implementation pertaining to branch JVs.
- Identified irregularities in a branch's numbers and performed an analysis to quantify the discrepancies, leading to the dismissal of a specific employee for fraudulent activity.
- Successfully identified internal employee fraud by accurately evaluating a backdated ticket report and communicating the findings to upper management.
- Regularly lead reconciliation efforts for the group's commerce bank accounts, with values fluctuating between $10 to $12 million in any given month.
- Improved interdepartmental communication by training the Payroll Department on Business Management and Accounting departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolved a highly-tense situation between two employees in the absence of the employees' regular manager.
- Effectively trained every accountant on the team, and have personally coached each individual in the successful passing of accounting grills.
- Confidently use various accounting tools and macros in the identification of any discrepancies and fraudulent activity with ERAC employees.
ERAC Career Progression
Financial Statement Accountant (8/2008 – 1/2010)
Sr. Accountant (05/2008 – 08/2008, 02/2010 – Present)
Staff Accountant (03/2006 – 05/2008)
Management Trainee (05/2005 – 03/2006)
The University of Arizona
Bachelor of Arts in Finance
Minor in Accounting
Firm commitment to obtain CMA / CPA upon position acceptance