Back in March, we told you about Bejeweled Blitz's biggest prize drawing ever -- a chance for players to win a Mazda 3 iSport just for playing the popular Facebook gem-matching game. We even suggested that the contest meant your gem-matching skills might come in handy for more than just carpal tunnel syndrome and dried out eyes.
Well, for millions of you we were wrong, but for lucky winner Joanne Guieb of Whitestown, Indiana, we were totally right! The Indianapolis Star caught up with Guieb, who before winning the Mazda said she "never won anything like this in my life." Initially, Guieb was just happy that her team of 25 to 35 friends scored high enough to qualify for the top prize, and that she had no expectation she'd actually win the car. "Like everyone else, I was thinking, 'Who wins games like this?' Me, I guess."
Guieb also said she hasn't played any Bejeweled since winning her prize, but it's not because she's too busy driving around town -- it's because her computer is broken. And besides, once you've won a car for your gaming, winning in-game "coins" just doesn't hold the same appeal, we'd wager.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Nordstrom just marked down this popular weighted robe to 60% off
- Kimchi recipes that are taking over TikTok
- Williams Sonoma’s Warehouse Sale has kitchen items up to 75% off
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!