Mark Skaggs, the Vice President of Product Development for Zynga speaks about the time-based gameplay of FarmVille.
He says that "In the world of farming you know that crops will take time to grow" so they made various timed crops while keeping lifestyle and farming preferences in mind. In other words, some farmers like to farm as soon as they wake up and plant their crops, knowing that they will harvest after work, others prefer one day or more crops because that is all the time that they can devote to farming. Having different time frames for each crops, allows farmers to choose which crops work best for them.
When deciding on "the wither mechanic" FarmVille developers found that when plants actually wither and turn brown it is disappointing but not as bad as animals "dying" like in FishVille, which is why FarmVille animals do not die, they just "run away" like FarmVille Dogs.
Which timed crops do you like to plant the most? Which crops work best for your farming lifestyle?
This article originally appeared onFarmVille Freak.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!