FarmVille: Broken Wild Mustang Link and a Quick Fix!
Due to some unforeseen technical difficulties (bad URL in the Mustang email, pop-up for the Mustang not appearing but displaying the progress icon, etc.) the Mustang has been disabled for the time being. Once these errors are corrected, the Wild Mustang will be enabled once more. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update you via this thread as soon as we have more information.
Source: Official FarmVille Forums
Although not everyone has access to the Wild Mustang feature, those that do are experiencing problems when they try to get help from friends to wrangle the Wild Mustang.
To get help from friends, you choose 5-15 friends. The friends that you have selected are sent an email that contains a link to help you wrangle the Wild Mustang. The problem is that the link within the email is broken. However, there is a quick and easy fix! Just follow the steps below and you can get all the help you need.
Note: This should only be a temporary problem until Zynga addresses the broken link issue, but for the time being, you will have to fix your links for help.
Steps for fixing Broken Wild Mustang Link:
1. Right Click on "Help Friend" link.
2. Copy the link address location.
3. Paste the link address into Word, Notepad, browser, etc.
4. There are two URLs. Only one is needed. From the beginning of the URL addresss, delete the first http:// all the way to the end, stopping right before the second http://______FriendReward.
5. If you see two %% at the end of your link, delete those as well.
6. Copy your new link (should be only 1 URL) and send this to your friends so that they can help you wrangle the Wild Mustang!
7. The friends that you send the new corrected link to, only need to copy/paste your link into their browser and hit enter.
Did this work for you? Make sure to tell all your friends about this post so that you can help them too.
This article originally appeared onFarmVIlle Freak.