Rental Roommate Nightmares: Internet Modeling, Fun Christians and House Rules
In this edition we have: potential roommates who will make you a nude Internet sensation; Christians with a lot of rules but who like to have fun (don't get them wrong); and a woman who demands that you don't set up a meth lab in the house.
Detroit: $200 looking for a nice looking roommate female only just a roommate
I'm looking for someone thats nice looking and don't mine watching a movie and have a conversation maybe have a drink from time to time. I'm not looking for a freak or sex just a little companionship. i hate that i have to post an add on Craig list like this but i don't do bars or clubs I've been married for 15 years going threw a divorce and been out of the meeting seen for a long time.
Our Take: Creeeeeeeeepy! No tension in that roommate scenario. Imagine hearing this a lot: "Why won't you have a drink with me!?" or "Why wont you watch a movie with me!?" and "Why are you going out again two nights in a row!?"
New York:$150 MODEL FOR MY WEBSITES IN EXCHANGE FOR REDUCED RENT
I HAVE A GREAT STUDIO APARTMENT AVAILABLE FOR A PRETTY GIRL WILLING TO MODELING FOR MY WEBSITES.
SOME OF THE SITES ARE ADULT IN NATURE (NO SEX).
YOU MAY BECOME A STAR OVER NIGHT.
Our Take: Everyone wants to be a star. Especially overnight. Who knew that all it would take is a roommate with a video camera? If all his sites aren't adult in nature, then in what context is the modeling done on the other sites? Do they involve kitties playing the piano?
San Diego:$335 Room (s) for Rent - June 1
Two males looking for 1 or 2 Christian males to rent 1 or 2 bedrooms. All renters will have full access to the house but we do have 3 main house rules: 1. NO WEED or any other illegal substance in or anywhere near the house 2. No sleepovers with people of the opposite sex 3. No wild parties. Don't get me wrong, we will definitely have people over and have fun, but we just don't want it to get out of hand. We can discuss these rules in further detail later.
Our Take: Why do the Christian roommates creep me out most of all? I love when the potential roommate puts forward a long list of rules that will most likely be broken at some point. I wonder what kind of fun they have? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they do have some.
Phoenix: $375 OMG, it can't be this hard to find sane housemates over 40
Here is my list of things: (If any of these apply to you, please pass me by)
1. No, you cannot use the back room for a meth lab, I don't care how good you are at it and that it's your only source of income
2. I am glad you served your time for murder but my neighbors frown on the ankle bracelet
3. My front yard is not equipped for all the "Get out SEX offender" signs
4. Slumber parties are not for six 18 year olds and you (Mr., they make me feel young again)
5. My home is not a motel for your "dates"
6. Yes, I like men, no I am not looking for a live-in date (my dates go home, not to the other room)
7. I like male roommates because they don't take my clothes, my jewelry or my dates. Well, usually :)
8. I don't care about your sexual preference please don't care about mine :)
9. There is no master bedroom here. We are equals in this house and this is an OLDER home and I am over 40. I love ya, just don't want to raise ya.
10. I am not your cook or maid. See #8
11. I am really glad you are looking for a job and I hope you find one soon. Want to work off the deposit and part of the rent for the FIRST month? Key words there are "WORK" and "FIRST"
12. Yes, your kids and relatives can come for a VISIT. Again, keyword "VISIT"
Our Take: Why are there so many red flags about this potential roommate? Your new potential roommate and her past living scenarios are all presented in front of you in her list of 12 important house rules. Run!
Read more Rental Roommate Nightmares or find your own roommate in our roommate listings.