World's Best Job: Honeymoon Tester
Ah, to be globe-trotting with your significant other -- getting paid to soak up the sun on the world's most beautiful beaches, dine in the finest restaurants, stay in the most luxurious hotels and enjoy the services of the most exotic spas. Sound too good to be true? It's not. A U.K. travel agency is looking for one lucky couple to send on this six-month luxury adventure, who will write about their experiences.
Runaway Bride and Groom, a travel agency that specializes in "weddings in Ireland, weddings abroad and luxury honeymoons" has teamed up with The Irish Times, and says they are "looking for the right person (and their partner) to research and test out the most romantic and ultimate wedding and honeymoon destinations all over the world and then report back with their verdict (on the place, not the partner!) to their boss, 4,000 miles away."
All that's needed to travel -- all expenses paid -- to exotic locals such as the Maldives, Thailand and Zanzibar is the ability to:
- Have good communication skills
- Be passionate about traveling
- Appreciate good service, fine dining and luxurious surroundings
- Have a friendly personality
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Know how to enjoy life
- Have good organizational skills
- Have a romantically-linked other-half, who also has the above qualifications and who is willing to accompany you on your trip (in a voluntary capacity).
In return, you'll receive:
- Remuneration: €20,000. (That translates to about $27,096 U.S.)
- Travel and accommodations for you and your significant other to accompany you
Enough said! How to apply? It's pretty simple, really. Since the travel agency promotes Ireland and is based there, all you have to do is make an 80-second video telling why Ireland is a great destination wedding location, and write, in 200 words or fewer, why you, as a couple, are perfect for the job. Upload your video on a site such as YouTube, then embed it on the company's entry page.
Once that's done, you should contact your family and friends to vote for you so your webcast can rise to the top.
Here are some of your top competitors:
You can watch more on runawaybrideandgroom.com
Because of the massive popularity of the program, the deadline has been extended to April 7. Best of luck!
- Happy Marriage: The Winning Formula
- 5 Signs He's Not Ready To Marry You
- Men, Want to Get Richer? Get Married.