Top Ten Growing Industries
According to Indeed's February Industry Employment Trends Report, ten of the 12 major industries tracked had more openings this past February than in February 2009. Hospitality experienced a 44% increase in open jobs over last year. Retail improved by 35% and real estate had a 33% jump. Here's the full list of industries trending upward ranked according to greatest increase in advertised openings.
1. Hospitality - hotels, restaurants, casinos, catering, resorts, membership clubs, conventions, attractions, special events, and other services for travelers and tourists.
2. Retail- establishments selling merchandise to the public.
3. Real Estate - establishments that rent or lease real estate to others or manage real estate for others.
4. Education - establishments providing instruction and training such as schools, colleges, universities, and training centers.
5. Media - includes newspapers, radio, television, and online outlets.
6. Financial Services - encompasses banks, credit card companies, insurance, consumer finance companies, stock brokerages, and investment funds.
7. Manufacturing - establishments engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products.
8. Accounting - sector focusing on the recording, reporting, and analysis of financial transactions of a business.
9. Transportation - industries providing transportation of passengers and cargo, scenic and sightseeing transportation, and support activities related to modes of transportation.
10. Information Technology - sector encompasses the design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware.