We were promised a property upgrade in Mafia Wars New York, and it has arrived. Aside from a complete graphical overhaul, the rules to owning properties have undergone big changes, some of which will likely have virtual mafiosos up in arms.
There are no more undeveloped properties and Zynga "took the liberty" to sell these properties and deposit the cash into your New York account. Property can no longer be sold, either -- just upgraded. There's also a restriction on when and how players will be able to buy new properties. As players make "more money, additional properties will become available for purchase," according to official Mafia Wars Facebook page.
On the positive side, the new properties area looks much slicker, and it's easier to keep tabs on and collect income from each of the buildings. There's also a new option to upgrade buildings in exchange for cash. We can't tell if the upgrade increases the upkeep for each of these buildings as well, so we suggest playing conservative until further notice.
There's also a new map area -- which looks similar to the properties map in Playfish's Gangster Wars -- which is marked as 'coming soon.' There's no word whether this will be just another way to keep track of properties or a way to buy new properties. We'll see when this feature -- along with robbing -- rolls out in the near-ish future.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- This baby’s reaction to bath time gets cuter and cuter
- Those viral ‘peel and reveal’ lip stains are on sale today on Amazon
- ‘Now that our kid isn’t a baby anymore, my wife and I can’t agree on b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!