It was only a matter of time. No sooner than the Burj Dubai was crowned the world's tallest building, a rival plan would create a skyscraper even taller. The real surprise? It's In Miami.
The proposed Miapolis which would pierce the sky 3,200 feet above Miami -- more than 600 feet higher than the half-mile high Burj.
The folks behind Miapolis (a rendering of it is pictured) see it as more than a building; it's an urban planning tool. Besides stealing the world's-tallest-tower claim from the United Arab Emirates, the developers believe their cloud-scraper would reinvent Miami as a tourist destination and economic center. Lord knows Miami could use a boost. The city's got so many foreclosed properties -- over 100,000, according to the Miami Herald -- that as of this week they're auctioning them off online.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.02% APR. Can you save?
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Crush Your Debt: Refinance to a 15 yr fixed
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program