The Weekly Wrap
It was a busy first week out of the gate. Here's a quick recap of the week's highlights:
- Robert X. Cringley called bullshit over the Obama administration's recent jobs summit.
- HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan saw the light.
- Alyssa Katz looked into why Ginnie Mae backed reckless lending to the tune of $100 bil.
- Fred Bernstein argued that the real Tiger Woods' tragedy is the golf pro's Florida McMansion.
- A new study found that men are slower to commit (to real estate) than women. Shocker, we know.
- Real-estate reporter Candy Evans dished the Dallas dirt.
- Chicago looked ahead to a future without Oprah.
- Tiny homes gave us a glimpse into our future.
- A 21st century pre-war apartment lived up to the oxymoron.
- An L.A. landmark caught our eye.
- The new U.S. Mission to the U.N. underwhelmed.
- Roman Polanski traded in his jail cell for a Swiss chalet.
- Oh, and we launched!