What's ailing commercial real estate? Imagine if the fixed-rate loan on your house had just a seven or ten-year term and ended in a massive balloon payment. That's the story for most commercial properties.
Look around: if there's an office tower or apartment complex, chances are it was financed with a loan that ends after a few years with a balloon. That's part of the reason commercial real estate experts are worried about foreclosures -- and the depressing headlines, lender woes and bond chaos they could bring.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap