The newest expansion to the popular Facebook social game, Mafia Wars, went live at just after midnight PST this morning. Moscow introduces a whole new set of missions, items and businesses to take over. We covered the main changes in our exclusive Mafia Wars preview earlier this week, but here's a rundown of the things you'll run into during your first few days with the expansion. Reminder: you'll need to be at level 70 or higher in order to travel to Moscow and access these missions.
Episode 1: Baklany
- The first chapter of Moscow kicks off with three different missions: Smuggle Consumer Electronics for the Vory, Arrange A Drug Shipment for the Mafiya, Fight Off An Ultra-National Gang.
- Each mission will run you at least 30-40 energy points each (depending on your Top Mafia and other upgrades you may have), so be prepared to either spend some money buying energy refills or wait a long time to regenerate in order to master the stages.
- Moscow starts you with one business, an Unlicensed Taxi Stand. Don't be fooled by its high selling numbers -- that money is all in Russian Ruble (and according to current conversion rates, one Ruble is equal to roughly 0.03 Dollars). Life's tough.
- Two other businesses are visible but not available: Cigarette Smuggling Ring and Black-Market Car Lot, which you can purchase after Episode 1, Chapter 3 and Episode 2, Chapter 3, respectively.
Weapons and Defense
- Many missions will utilize guns and vehicles you've previously owned in Cuba and New York.
- Three weapons are available immediately: Dubina, Pistolet Besshumnyj, Boevoy Nozh.
- Two types of armor : Tracksuit, Balaclava (tracksuit... really?)
- And three vehicles: Mototsykl, Taksi, Dvina
- The collection tied to the Baklany episode is called Prison Tattoos.
- The following 'items' are in the collection: Rose Tattoo, Church Tattoo, Star Tattoo, Spider Tattoo, Tiger Tattoo, Skull Tattoo, Crucifix Tattoo.
- A second collection is visible, and contains items that can be earned in the second episode.
- The Matryoshka Doll Collection includes: Natalya's Doll, Olga's Doll, Oksana's Doll, Svetlana's Doll, Tatyana's Doll, Anastasiya's Doll, Ekaterina's Doll.
- You'll note that each episode now has unique header art. We've seen this in other Facebook games, notably Yakuza Lords, but never before in Mafia Wars (save for the boss battles back in New York).
- The second episode is called Boets (as revealed on the Collections page). The header art is below.