Looks like video game publishers are getting wind of social games' popularity on Facebook. Marketing group 6 String Media has launched The Warriors: Street Brawl App, based on the popular 1970s cult-action movie. The game lets you and your social networked friends can take sides in a street gang war, vote for the outcome of individual battles and move up the leaderboard.
The app lets you challenge your friends, pick one of three customized videos (with the power of magic they're able to pull both of your names into the short clip) to send over and convince other friends to vote. Each brawl lasts 24 hours, and the results of each battle are tracked in the stats area.
Unfortunately, Street Brawl lacks the compelling features that would make it much more than a promotional tool for the new Xbox Live Arcade game of the same name (it comes out today). It's an interesting tie-in, but it's difficult to use, has only two activities (challenge or vote) and features advertising for the paid game so prominently and often that we felt cheap inviting our friends to use the app.
That said, we're eager to see video game publishers integrating their products more with social networks -- innovation doesn't happen overnight. This isn't the first time we've seen video game publishers reach out with short, free applications eitther - last month Rockstar created the Chinatown Wars Fortune Cookie app for the launch of their new GTA game as well.
- FarmVille Cheats & Tips: Top 10 Cash Crops
- Mafia Wars Moscow: Exclusive First Look!
Did you try the Warriors Street Brawl App? What did you think?
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since April 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can you really make ‘bacon’ out of mushrooms?
- This weekend only, leggings are buy one get one free at Yummie
- Cozy tea recipes that are peak winter aesthetic
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!