Bank of America extends free museum entry for cardholders
These are not your run of the mill museums, either; no strange things people have swallowed, or tree trunks with the profile of Elvis. Some of the nation's great museums are on the BOA list, including
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC
- The Whitney Museum of American Art, NYC
- The Henry Ford, Dearborn, Mich.
- Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, Ill.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Lied Discovery Children's Museum, Las Vegas, Nev.
As you can imagine, the program benefits more than the museums and cardholders. According to Rena A. DeSisto, BOA's Arts and Culture Executive, "Museums On Us is a strong business driver and avidity program for the bank."
For those of us who balk at paying our credit card company money just so it can give us a taste of it back as a 'reward', this program is refreshingly creative. Even if this reward does come from a company that has received a handsome federal bailout, at least it benefits both the card holder and the museum, and our museums can certainly use the support.