The Big 100: Obama and our money
Read Full Story
Here's what the real reincarnation of JFK, according to SNL, has done for our wallets since entering office:
- The Dow Jones has gone from 7,949.09 to 8,016.95, a 0.9% increase during an earth-shaking financial crisis, not bad.
- The $1 now is worth .769 Euros, a 0.5% slide since January 20.
- More money for clean energy and green companies. Nearly $100 billion for new transit, weatherization, clean-tech vehicles, wind and solar power, and green jobs, according to
- According to the Commerce Department, home sales fell by 0.6% last month.
- Some banks are returning bailout money! Goldman Sachs returned $10 billion in bailout money after reporting a better-than-expected first quarter.
- The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, as reported by Fox News, released a report that nine states have used stimulus money to reverse or prevent budget cuts, thanks to the historical passage of the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- His budget calls for "$630 billion investment to overhaul the nation's health care system," from the Wall Street Journal.
- The Making Work Pay Tax Credit gives singles $400 and couples $800 back in tax credit for 2009 and 2010.
- $30 million in the stimulus package for micro loans to entrepreneurs and small business.
- Unemployment is at 8.6% and rising, but the President provided funding for states to extend unemployment benefits.