There is no golden "snitch" in the real-life version of Quidditch, so the game doesn't require a seeker, Harry Potter's position. Also, sadly, the players are not aboard broomsticks that fly.
But the rest of the game, created out of J.K. Rowling's fertile imagination, is relatively intact: as the Guardian describes, the sport is a cross between dodgeball and handball, where "Attacking 'chasers' attempt to put the 'quaffle,' or ball, past the goalkeeper whilst the opposing team's 'beaters' try to hit them with different balls called 'bludgers.'"
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- Refi rates at 2.02% APR. Do you qualify?
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap