Want to own a two-story house, give your kids a terrific education and make a decent living? Move to Indianapolis, voted by CNNMoney.com as the most affordable city in the nation.
After my parents divorced, my mom picked a place on the map (as I recall it), and we ended up in Indy. I'm not going to lie, for the eight years I lived there, I hated it. Other than going to the mall and to the movies, there was nothing to do for teens. But after moving back to New York City for college--where my Brooklyn rent soared to $1200 for a one-bedroom apartment, car insurance rose to $200 a month and grocery shopping became almost unmanageable--all the perks of living in Indy suddenly became obvious.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021