Ask me your retirement questions
I will be writing regular blog posts responding to any questions you may have about investing and investing for retirement.
These are difficult times for all investors. Many people have lost confidence in the capital markets. The recent market crash has made retirees and those approaching retirement especially anxious and vulnerable.
You may be wondering:
- Should you avoid market risk altogether?
- How should you invest the funds in your 401(k) plan?
- Can you do anything to improve the investment options in your 401(k) plan?
- When should you start taking Social Security?
- Do you need long term care insurance?
These and many other issues are on the minds of today's worried investors.
To ask a question, just add it as comment to this article and to future ones as well. I will do my best to answer as many as I can.
Dan Solin is the author of The Smartest Investment Book You'll Ever Read and The Smartest 401(k) Book You'll Ever Read. His new book, The Smartest Retirement Book You'll Ever Read, will be published in the fall, 2009. Visit his website at Smartestinvestmentbook.com.