Senior Managers / Executives Cover Letter
555 Shell Drake Circle
Residence: (555) 555-5555
The Woodlands, Texas 75555
Executive Recruiters, Inc.
Houston, Texas 75555
Dear Mr. Olson:
"Treat employees like partners and they act like partners." Fred Allen, CEO, Pitney Bowes
As a business leader, I believe strongly in giving employees ownership of their work. This empowerment model has been key to my success as an engineering manager, global manufacturing manager, and, most recently, vice president of international business development for a multimillion-dollar tech organization. The enclosed resume outlines my 12 years experience, highlights of which are included in the following:
- Strategic Planning: Authored strategies for growth management, turnaround, and market contraction for Data-Tech Inc. Identified profitable acquisition and diversification opportunities and facilitated negotiations for sale of software division to Fortune 500 company.
- Growth Performance: Increased unit sales 25% and captured $25+ million in revenue growth per year, despite shrinking price points. Member of sales closing team for contracts with the top five manufacturers of computer equipment.
- Profit Enhancement: Cut costs in major expense category by $10 million through design integration and innovative alliance programs with vendor partners such as Lucent and NEC.
- Human Resources: Managed diverse, geographically dispersed workforce of 300+ in R&D, manufacturing, and business development. Unified marketing, sales, and engineering on a global scale. Noted for exceptional team-building, motivational, and leadership skills.
- Manufacturing: Oversaw technology manufacturing operations in Asia, Europe, and the United States. Persuaded overseas contract manufacturers to invest $50+ million in capital improvements. Brought 20 new products to market with significant commercialization value.
I'd like to put these strengths to work in another strategic directional role. Should one of your client companies have need of an executive with my track record, I would appreciate an opportunity to talk.
Excerpted from Cover Letter Magic by Wendy S. Enelow and Louise M. Kursmark. Excerpted by permission of Jist Publishing. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Copyright 2004 Jist Works.