Blue Collar Worker Cover Letter
From 'Cover Letter Magic' by Wendy S. Enelow and Louise M. Kursmark
Mr. John Hogan
Main Street Manufacturing
17 Main Street
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Re: Machinist or Maintenance Machinist Position
Dear Mr. Hogan:
If you believe that properly maintained equipment and machinery are vital to manufacturing production deadlines, we think alike.
If you need customized parts, equipment, and machinery to meet rush orders, we should talk.
If you are looking for a dependable and conscientious machinist, maintenance machinist, or industrial machinery repairer, please consider my qualifications:
- 18 years of experience as a Machinist producing or repairing parts and equipment for major industrial manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and research organizations.
- Completed rush order projects on time and with quality results.
- Experienced with a wide variety of equipment, tools, fixtures, and materials, which means I can bring immediate value to your operation.
- Loyal, dedicated, and dependable hard worker.
- Quick learner with a knack for solving problems.
To help you learn more about my qualifications, I have enclosed my resume. Throughout my work history I have been successful as a machinist because I have acquired excellent skills, planned carefully for projects, and kept on good terms with people at all levels.
It would be a pleasure to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the contributions I would make to your team. I am ready to put my energy and experience to work for you. May I hear from you soon?
Excerpted from "Cover Letter Magic" by Wendy S. Enelow and Louise M. Kursmark. Excerpted by permission of Jist Publishing. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Copyright 2004 Jist Works.