Two of the most beautiful words in the English language are "love" and "free." Combine them together and you get the latest offering from Match.com, a free online dating service called Down to Earth.
Not only is DowntoEarth.com free, but it comes with a built-in lie detector. The site's RealRatings system lets users rank the accuracy of people's profiles. So warning: If you don't look like the model posted in your profile pic, then your date will report that through RealRatings with a star for "not even close" or five stars for "true to life" if they're the sarcastic type. It sounds like a good way to keep people from puffing themselves up.
So what's stopping Match users from ditching the monthly fee and migrating over to this new free site? For now, Match boasts 15 million users, so there's always that unbeatable variety of people to choose from. But it will be interesting to see if DowntoEarth becomes the place to be for singles, especially in this economic downturn. Will the fee-collecting Match be a way to weed out the gold-diggers from the rest of us?
For the soon-to-be-lucky-in-love, here's a great post from Online Personals Watch blogger Mark Brooks in TechCrunch with a list of free online dating sites.
Keep in mind, Valentine's Day is only a month away...
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Can you refinance with $0 out of pocket?
- Refinance rates at 2.02% APR. Calculate your rate now
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 cocktails that are perfect for beer lovers
- The celebrity-approved Barefoot Dreams blanket is on sale for Nordstro…
- ‘The most comfortable shirt I own’: Almost 600 Nordstrom shoppers are …
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021