Smithsonian's Museum Day - hundreds of local museums to offer free admission Sept 27th
Here's a great deal for budget-minded culture lovers: on Saturday, September 27th, the Smithsonian Magazine has arranged for free admission to hundreds of museums and cultural sites around the country as part of its Museum Day promotion. You're sure to find one within a reasonable drive from your home. Check here for museums in your area.
Just a few of the many venues participating:
- The Rock and Rock Museum in Cleveland, Ohio
- J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Massachusetts
- The International Museum of Surgical Science in Chicago, Illinois
- Anasazi Heritage Center in Dolores, Colorado
- National Cowgirl Museum And Hall of Fame, Ft. Worth, Texas
- Heritage House Museum and Robert Frost Cottage, Key West, Florida
- National Civil War Life Museum, Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Experience Music Project/ Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame, Seattle, Washington
To take advantage of this offer, download and print the Museum Day pass here.
I'll have to wake early that day. So many places to visit (free), so little time...
Thanks to MC for catching the error in the earlier edition of this story.