Another sign of the times. If you were listening to NPR over the weekend, you may have heard this. If not, then let me enlighten you.
Bobak Bakhtiari, 28, is the manager of the Tanforan Shell station in San Bruno, California, and I believe if he ever wants to go into marketing, he has a bright future ahead of him. His gas station is offering a dunking booth -- you know, like the kind you see at carnivals -- and so if you're ticked off by the high price of gas, you get three free throws, and the chance to take out your ire on whomever is sitting at the dunking booth, which is generally someone who works at Shell. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and every Saturday, the gas station has live music with the dunking booth -- truly a festival atmosphere.
And as Bakhtiari told NPR, if dunking a Shell employee doesn't satisfy your anger, "We also offer an express rant, where if they can creatively rant about gas prices, they can receive a free express car wash. Cashiers are trained to really encourage all forms of expression during the rant. Well, except for throwing a chair through the window."
And for those of us who aren't lucky enough to live around San Bruno, the Fourth of July and its many festivals are coming up. There are bound to be some dunking booths somewhere.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Do You Know the Fastest Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program