Another sign of the times. If you were listening to NPR over the weekend, you may have heard this. If not, then let me enlighten you.
Bobak Bakhtiari, 28, is the manager of the Tanforan Shell station in San Bruno, California, and I believe if he ever wants to go into marketing, he has a bright future ahead of him. His gas station is offering a dunking booth -- you know, like the kind you see at carnivals -- and so if you're ticked off by the high price of gas, you get three free throws, and the chance to take out your ire on whomever is sitting at the dunking booth, which is generally someone who works at Shell. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and every Saturday, the gas station has live music with the dunking booth -- truly a festival atmosphere.
And as Bakhtiari told NPR, if dunking a Shell employee doesn't satisfy your anger, "We also offer an express rant, where if they can creatively rant about gas prices, they can receive a free express car wash. Cashiers are trained to really encourage all forms of expression during the rant. Well, except for throwing a chair through the window."
And for those of us who aren't lucky enough to live around San Bruno, the Fourth of July and its many festivals are coming up. There are bound to be some dunking booths somewhere.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- $50k HE Loan in this Economy? 5.49% APR ($284/mo)
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Transfer Your Debt to a Card with 0% Intro APR Until 2024
- Results: Best Travel Credit Cards For December 2022
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold