Get ready to BE the full 'freight' when you fly
Are you ready to fly as freight? You may have no choice as airlines are considering every possible option, according to an industry expert Bloomberg quotes. They'll do anything to avoid going out of business, as eight carriers already have this year, or having to ground flights, like United announced today.
What else is on Bloomberg's list of unusual measures already in practice or being considered?
- Using lighter plates and silverware (Japan Airlines)
- Flying slower (Southwest Air)
- Cutting out water (Singapore Airlines)
- Using generators on the ground (American)
- Washing frequently (Deutsche Lufthansa)