Okay, so my title is just a little bit misleading. The stereo 8-track player that I am bringing to your attention is housed within a 1970 Plymouth Cuda, with a 440, 6 barrel V-8 and a four speed manual transmission. They only manufactured 1,755 of these cars in 1970 and the fully restored beauty that I found for you is really priced to sell at ClassicMuscleCars.com.
Never mind the fact that cars like these averaged about 14 miles per gallon. Back when Detroit was cranking out the best of the muscle cars, a gallon of gasoline cost us less than a dollar. We played with cars like these the way today's kids play with their ipods and Xboxes. We kept city road crews busy repairing ripped asphalt and we kept Goodyear and Firestone in the black.
What makes this particular car such a meaningful bargain is that according to the National Auto Dealers Association guide it is priced well below it's quality standard. Cars of this model in a condition similar to this one can fetch as much as $190,000. The asking price of $99,000 on this car would generally reflect a specimen which is very well kept but not actually worthy of a show trophy. This particular gem happens to be fully and professionally restored. It's an auto collectors dream and if the economy was better, it would have been sold before I finished this blog post.
Okay now fellas, put your tongues back in you heads and get back to work. I'm going to go look at some Camaros.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Refinance rates at 2.23% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- Little-Known VA Option Could Save Veterans Thousands
- Simple Mortgage Math May Save You Thousands
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 cards to help you get out of debt in 2021
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the New Year
- Your best credit card offers for January 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program