Have you been scammed or cheated by a company? We want your story!
What we want:
- Email us with your consumer horror story. Did you pay for a product or service you didn't receive? Were you scammed out of money? Did a company fail to honor a warranty or other promise?
- Include documentation with your complaint. If you have emails, advertisements, contracts, or other documents that back up your story, we want them.
- Who have you been corresponding with? We want their names and contact information so that we can give them a chance to respond.
- Gossip, second-hand information, untrue reports. We want your firsthand experience. We're not here to smear companies and their employees. We want to present facts.
- If your story is considered for publication, we may contact you with further questions about the situation. We want to provide as much information about the situation to the public, and may require some clarification from you to do so.
- We'll be looking into your claims. While we can't actually do a full investigation for you, if we come up with a solution or some information that may help you, we will pass it along.
- The company you're complaining about will be asked for a response. We'd like to give them an opportunity to give their side of the story and make things right.
- We can't look into each and every claim, nor can we publish every story. But we'd like you to give us a chance!
Forensic accountant Tracy L. Coenen, CPA, MBA, CFE performs fraud examinations and financial investigations through her company, Sequence Inc. Forensic Accounting. The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners honored Tracy as the 2007 winner of the prestigious Hubbard Award and her first book, Essentials of Corporate Fraud, will be on bookshelves in March 2008.