Gifts with an edge: Pessimist's calendar
Perhaps among those on your list this year is a Polly-anna the type for whom the glass is way more than half full, who decorates their office with affirmation posters (often featuring kittens), and hands out gold stars to anyone who manages to breath six times a minute.
But If you are, like me, more of a "the glass is half full and full of toxins" person, you might consider creating your own calendar to give this year, with messages that resonate for you. I'd suggest checking out the program by Despair, Inc.,
Despair allows you to select the messages to customize your calendar from their large selection of demotivation posters, such as --
- Ambition --The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly.
- Consistency -- It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.
- Meetings -- None of us is as dumb as all of us.
- Achievement -- You can do anything you set your mind to when you have your vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
- Retirement -- Because you've given so much of yourself to the company that you don't have anything left we can use.
Why not spread your personal joy around this year with a calendar that reflects your view of life? Remember, optimists are often disappointed, while pessimists are pleasantly surprised.