- Season the veal with the black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the veal in 2 batches and cook until it's well browned, stirring often.
- Place the veal, carrots, onion and garlic into a 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour and toss to coat.
- Stir in the stock, rosemary and tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours*.
- Add the peas to the cooker. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the veal is fork-tender. Season with additional black pepper. Serve the veal mixture with the rice.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Tip: You can substitute skinless, boneless chicken thighs for the veal.
For more flavorful rice or barley, cook it in Swanson® Chicken Broth.