1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, and scallions.
3. Pulse 20 times until coarse meal forms.
4. Turn the machine ON. Slowly stream the buttermilk through the small feed tube until just combined and a ball of dough forms. Do not overmix, or the dough will become tough.
5. Using a large ice cream scoop drop dough into 12 balls onto the cookie sheet (if using a small ice cream scoop, drop 24 dough balls) with some room in between each biscuit so they have room to spread.
6. Bake for 10–13 minutes, turning once (for small biscuits check after ten minutes). Enjoy these the day you bake them
Helpful Tools: chef’s knife, cookie sheet, zester/grater, parchment paper, food processor with chopping blade, ice cream scoop (small for 1-ounce biscuits or large for 2-ounce biscuits)
This recipe originally appeared in The Kitchen Decoded by Logan Levant and Hilary Hattenbach.