1. Place eggplant slices in a large colander sitting inside a bowl to collect drips.
2. Generously salt eggplant on both sides. Leave at room temperature, uncovered, for 30 – 60 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Squeeze each slice to remove the maximum amount of liquid, brushing off excess salt grains.
4. Place slices in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the olive oil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
6. Whisk together honey, vinegar, oil and white pepper in a small glass or ceramic container.
7. Add eggplant to the marinade and gently stir to be sure all pieces are covered. Let stand at room temperature for 4-8 hours.
8. Serve with toast points or bread rounds. Leftovers can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to one month but always bring to room temperature before serving.
Read more from Harmonious Homestead.