- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan by lining with foil and set aside.
- Place cauliflower pieces on prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes until dark brown in spots.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic, red pepper, and ginger and cook, stirring, for about a minute. Stir in orange zest.
- Pour orange juice, sesame oil, tamari, and cornstarch* slurry into saucepan, whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer, whisking often, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce into a large heatproof bowl. Add cooked cauliflower, and fold carefully to completely coat with sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish, if desired, and top with sliced scallions.
*If you feel uncomfortable with the addition of cornstarch, which I'm still investigating myself, feel free to play around with other natural thickeners... and share your discoveries if you find something that works well!
More from The Kitchen Prep.