- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or wax paper; set aside.
- Clear out a spot in your refrigerator or freezer to accommodate baking sheet.
- In a shallow microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 1 minute on high power to melt.
- Stir and heat in 10 to 15 second bursts until chocolate can be stirred very smooth.
- To the melted chocolate add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and stir. If you prefer it mintier, add another 1/4 teaspoon.
- Add 1 cracker to the chocolate, coat it, and remove it by lightly scooping it up from the underside with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to drain off through fork tines.
- Place cracker on parchment and repeat with all remaining crackers.
- If necessary, re-heat the chocolate in 10 to 15 second bursts if it starts getting too firm for smooth dipping.
- After all crackers have been dipped, place baking sheet in refrigerator.
- Store extra Thin Mints in an airtight container in the refrigerator for many weeks, or in the freezer, up 6 months.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
Read more from What Micky Eats.