- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender, two knives or by hand until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk & egg until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and almonds.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough for about 2 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and form into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges and separate each piece about about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the scones for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cook’s notes: Don’t worry if the dough is sticky. It gives a wonderful texture to the scones once they’re baked.
Read more from Fit, Fun & Delish.