Click through our slideshow to view how to make these tasty treats!
1. ADD 1-1/2 cups milk to dry gelatine in small saucepan; stir. Let stand 3 min. or until gelatine is softened. Cook and stir on medium heat 3 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved.
2. Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate. Cool 5 min.
3. BEAT pudding mix and remaining milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. (*If using liquor, you will want to whisk it in at this point.) Whisk in gelatine mixture.
4. Spoon or pour into 24 shot glasses (or mini plastic cups) sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
5. UNMOLD desserts onto tray just before serving. (You may need to use a small paring knife or toothpick to loosen each dessert from its glass. You can also briefly dip the bottom into warm water for about 30 seconds to help with unmolding.)
6. Insert pretzel half into side of each for the mug handle.
7. Top each with 1 tsp. COOL WHIP and a few MALLOW Bits. (You may also garnish with other toppings such as a chocolate covered espresso bean, chocolate shavings, or a small candy cane if desired.)
As much as I absolutely love baking, sometimes I just need something quick and easy, yet unique & delicious, to whip up for a party or hostess gift. (Because, you know, when you have about a gajillion biscotti in the oven, you tend to look for recipes that don't require any baking whatsoever!)
I'm glad to say I found just the thing for these occasions: JELL-O Hot Cocoa Pudding Mugs. Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen?! I thought so! And, the best part is that they're as simple to make as JELL-O Pudding. (Or JELL-O shots. Not that you became an expert at making those in college or anything. Wink, wink.) You can customize them to your liking and make them for (and with the help of) little ones... or spike them with a dash of liqueur as a special holiday treat for the grown ups. Kahlua, Bailey's, Frangelico, or Peppermint Schnapps would make great variations!
An adorable treat that can be naughty AND nice? I'd say it's a keeper!
KNOX unflavored gelatin
BAKER'S Bittersweet Chocolate, melted
JELL-O chocolate instant pudding
miniature pretzel twist, broken crosswise in half
thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
JET-PUFFED vanilla Mallow Bits
optional liqueur of your choice such as Kahlua, Bailey's, Frangelico, or Peppermint Schnapps
Want to learn how to make the recipe? Follow the instructions in our slideshow above.
This is a collaboration between JELL-O and the Kitchen Daily Curator Network. Compensation was provided by Kraft Foods via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft Foods.