- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut bread into cubes, and evenly place in the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture till it resembles sand (you’ll have a few pea-sized pieces; that’s okay). Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle streusel evenly over the top of the bread mixture. Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes, or until the french toast is set and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod.
Read more from Donuts, Dresses And Dirt.