- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Combine butter with sugars and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy with the paddle attachment.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Reduce speed on mixer to low. Add egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and beat until well-mixed. Scrape sides of bowl and stir to incorporate everything together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until flour incorporates well into the mixture.
- Add dark chocolate, sliced almonds, and dried sour cherries. Mix until just combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are brown around the edges but still soft in the center. Remove from oven, and let cool completely.
- Drizzle stripes of melted dark chocolate over the baked cookies if desired. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days.
For the full post, visit Sweet Lab.