- Pre-heat oven to broil 550F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum or parchment paper.
- Stab eggplant on all sides with a knife about 20-30 times (depending on the size) and place it on the lined baking sheet. Broil for 30 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime bring salted water to a boil. Add rinsed lentils and cook for 20 minutes on high (the lentils will still be al dente).
- Remove eggplant from the oven and let it sit until cool enough to handle (about 20 minutes). Cut in half and with the help of a spoon, scoop out ALL the flesh, discarding the skin.
- Place eggplant in a colander, with a bowl underneath, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Place eggplant in a large glass bowl. Mash it with a fork, and mix in tahini, lemon juice, salt, sesame seeds, pomegranate seeds, parsley and 1¼ cups of cooked lentils.
- Serve over toasted crusty whole grain bread
You will have some lentils leftover. Add them to your favorite salad or stay tuned for more beluga lentils recipes.
Read more from May I Have That Recipe.