Neighborhood on edge after dog poisoned in woman's front yard

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- One dog owner is warning others after her dog ate some tainted chicken.

"They told me to get her to the animal hospital immediately because she had been poisoned," said Cheri Stetzer.

Those are the words that sent Stetzer into a panic.

She soon learned that her dog Molly was given raw chicken meat injected with antifreeze.

"My neighbor said Monday night he saw someone throwing something over my fence," added Stetzer.

Molly's stomach was pumped in time to rescue her, but the thought of someone intentionally poisoning animals in the area sent Stetzer into action.

"I walked to everyone who had dogs that I knew of," said Stetzer.

RELATED: Neighborhood on edge after dog poisoned in woman's front yard

6 PHOTOS
Neighborhood on edge after dog poisoned in woman’s front yard
See Gallery
Neighborhood on edge after dog poisoned in woman’s front yard
HIDE CAPTION
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE
SHOW CAPTION

Stetzer even turned to Facebook to get the word out about the animal cruelty.

Exactly one week later she's still uneasy about letting Molly outside.

"We don't walk anymore. I used to walk her up and down the street, but now I am too scared to do that," added Stetzer.

For Stetzer, the close call is just too close for comfort.

"I am actually getting rid of my house, I'm selling it. I am moving this scared me that much," said Stetzer.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners