Teen hospitalized after air freshener causes car explosion

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon

A German teenager has been seriously injured after he caused an accidental explosion in his family car with an air freshener, FOX News reports.

Police in the city of Duisburg say the 17-year-old had been trying to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke in his recently-purchased used car.

Authorities said that the teenager sprayed so much air freshener inside his vehicle that it turned into a "combustible gas mixture."

When he opened the passenger door, the light turned on and the gas ignited.

Police said in a statement that the explosion blew out the vehicle's glass sunroof.

The teen, who has not been identified, was hospitalized with burns on both his arms.

Read Full Story

People are Reading