Best Bites: Cornbread chili bowl
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Even though the weather is cooling down, football Sundays are heating up. Step up your tailgate snack with this delicious cornbread chili bowl, topped with gooey cheese and spices. It's the perfect gameday treat!
The recipe is simple and fun to make!
See the full recipe below!
- 1 lb ground beef
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of red beans
- Worcestershire sauce
- Granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Sour cream
- Cook beef in sauce pan, and toss in chopped red and green peppers with onions.
- Sprinkle in garlic and stir.
- Sizzle for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Spice it up with cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt and pepper.
- Stir, stir, stir!
- Toss in crushed tomatoes, red beans and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn to low heat.
- Cover 1-2 hours.
- In a seperate bowl, mix in sugar, butter
- Whisk, whisk, whisk.
- Pour in milk and 2 eggs.
- In a seperate bowl, mix in flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- Sprinkle on salt.
- Mix, mix, mix!
- Mix eggs and cornmeal together.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool and cut a well.
- Add in chili and sprinkle cheese.
- Add a dash of sour cream and chopped scallions.
- Dig in!