Vegan vanilla cake with chocolate frosting
We are loving this Vegan Vanilla Wacky Cake because it's rich and delicious, but oh-so-easy to make. If you haven't guessed by now, I love a good vegan cake. For example, there's my Vegan Chunky Monkey Cake, my Vegan Chocolate Chai Cake, and my Vegan Texas Sheet Cake. It's all about the cake!
This Vegan Vanilla Wacky Cake recipe takes only a minimal amount of ingredients and a few minutes to throw together. Leave the mixer in the cupboard. You don't need it. Usually I will just make one layer of the cake and it makes a nice, simple dessert. But every now and then, I'll double that recipe and make a layer cake.
It's like the little black dress of cakes. You can eat it casually on a Thursday night, or you can dress it up (by adding another layer) and voila! It's ready for prime time! You could also create variations of the Vegan Vanilla Wacky Cake by adding:
- Chocolate chips could turn this into a Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake
- Add some orange zest to make a delicious orange cake (YAS!)
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes on the frosting
- Peanut Butter frosting between the two layers would be delicious!
I love some amazing frosting on my cake, so you'll find my tips for that in this recipe as well. But if you want to skip that step, you can always just give it a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vanilla plant-based protein powder*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar or Chocolate Frosting (see below) for topping
- Heat your oven to 350F. Spray a round cake pan with vegetable spray. You can also place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pan and spray the sides with vegetable oil.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla protein powder, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine the vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar or top with Chocolate Frosting
The post Easy Vegan Vanilla Wacky Cake with Chocolate Frosting first appeared on Namely Marly.