Chicken alfredo nachos
Stop everything and make BAKED CHICKEN ALFREDO NACHOS! The Pulled Chicken Alfredo is made in a slow cooker, then baked onto tortilla chips along with lots of cheese, alfredo, sun dried tomatoes, and basil! TO DIE FOR!
Remember those Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches I made earlier this year? I DO. I had so much left over pulled chicken that I thought I should get creative, and boy am I glad I did!! These Chicken Alfredo Nachos are the stuff dreams are made of, INSANELY good and addicting. Don't you want to just dive in and try it?!
If you didn't catch the Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches post, let me just bring you up to speed. You put some chicken in a slow cooker with alfredo sauce and some spices, let it sit for a few hours, then shred with two forks. You're left with the most tender and delicious pulled chicken alfredo! It's perfect for sandwiches, wrapped in a burrito, and especially on nachos!! I tried my hand at Chicken Alfredo Nachos once before, and those pictures just make me sad to look at, so I knew I needed to give it another go. Still a favorite recipe, even after a couple years!
Isn't this a fun option for an easy dinner! Load on your favorite toppings and go to town. You really can't go wrong! These are so versatile and most importantly, EASY! I topped mine with basil, parmesan, tomatoes, onions, and some lemon instead of limes. You could even use Homemade Tequila Lime Tortilla Chips if you want an extra special treat!
- 32(iso) of your favorite tortilla chips (I love Homemade ones !)
- 2 cups Pulled Alfredo Chicken (Recipe HERE ) If you don't have time to make the Pulled Alfredo Chicken you can just toss some rotisserie chicken in alfredo sauce ahead of time.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of your favorite alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped parmesan cheese
- optional extra toppings: black olives, roma tomatoes
- Lay the chips on a large sheet pan/cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Lay them pretty much in a single layer, only slightly overlapping. (I hate when chips get caught underneath and don't get any toppings!)
- Arrange the chicken and onion over the chips.
- Drizzle the chips and chicken with the alfredo sauce, a little goes a long way. You don't want everything to get soggy.
- Sprinkle everything with the shredded cheese
- Top with the sun dried tomatoes, basil, and parmesan.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, rotating halfway through. You want the cheese fully melted and the chips starting to turn brown on the edges.
The post Baked Chicken Alfredo Nachos first appeared on The Cookie Rookie