Kid accidentally inhales his dog's toy -- and squeaks with laughter

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon

Watch this patient dog wait for a ball in a 'puppy resort' pool

Maybe you've swallowed a piece of gum or an ice cube.

Maybe you've spit up when a beverage went down the wrong pipe.

But have you ever ingested a foreign object that turned your laughs into squeaks? This kid did.

In a Facebook video that has been viewed more than 25 million times, a boy named Anthony winds up in the emergency room after "inhaling" his dog's squeaky toy. We can only guess what his mother said after the fact: "Don't you ever squeak to me like that again!"

In the clip, a woman — perhaps his mom — asks, "How can you tell (that you swallowed the toy)?" To which he responds with big eyes and a long squeeeeeak, squeak.

More from TODAY: Dog is the face of pure relaxation during puppy massage

In reality, something like this happening to your kid is highly unlikely.

"I've been practicing for 37 years and I've never had a child squeak at me," said Dr. Alfred Sacchetti, a spokesperson for the American College of Emergency Physicians and chief of emergency services at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center in Camden, New Jersey.

Sacchetti is quick to point out he doesn't know the specifics of the case, but he suspects Anthony swallowed the small metal noise box — and not the actual toy itself — because that would block his airways.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners