The best spicy spaghetti bolognese recipe
The Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe is delicious recipe that is cooked in roasted bacon and minced meat and a herbed tomato sauce. The fresh homemade Bolognese sauce when tossed in cooked spaghetti and fresh herbs makes this dish absolutely delicious.
- 400 grams Del Monte spaghetti pasta
- 250 grams beef, minced
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 cups of homemade tomato puree
- 1 cup of red wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A sprig of basil, roughly torn
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated or powdered
- Del Monte Olive oil for cooking
- To begin making the Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe, first get all the ingredients ready. Cook the pasta until al dente and make the tomato puree and keep aside.
- Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry them until golden crisp. Once the bacon is crisped a bit, add the onion, garlic and carrots. Add the oregano and stir fry the vegetables on medium heat until they are cooked through. Keep stirring occasionally so they don't over brown.
- Once done, add the minced meat and stir fry until is is browned and cooked through. This would take about 10 to 12 minutes. Once the mince is browned, add the tomato puree, the basil, chili and the wine.
- Bring the Bolognese sauce to a brisk boil and simmer until you get a rich flavor from the tomato mince sauce. Once the sauce is ready, stir in the spaghetti, the parmesan cheese and saute on high heat until the sauce gets well coated into the spaghetti. Check the salt and peppers and adjust to suit your taste. Add more chili if you like it to be a bit more spicer.
- Finally stir in more of the parmesan cheese and serve.
- Serve the The Best Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese along with a crusted Cheese Garlic Bread for a wholesome dinner or a dinner party.