Why Fans Love Sports: Round of 32
Last week, we presented you with a break from the frustration of your busted brackets, and put the power back in your hands.
Divided into athletes, moments, memes and player celebrations, we opened the voting up to our readers to determine why the average 2016 fan loves sports. And, in true March Madness fashion, there were quiet a few upsets.
Serena Williams' epic 2015 season was overtaken by a young Tom Brady's '03 campaign, for one, but even more shockingly: The No. 1-seeded Crying MJ meme was taken down by fellow crier Wilmer Flores.
Controversially, there were two ties in the Round of 64: Shaun Alexander versus Kevin Durant, and Kobe Bryant versus Drew Brees in the Athletes region. The edge was given to the higher seed in both cases.
We now enter the Round of 32, where voting will be open through Tuesday night. The updated bracket, and today's matchups, are all down below.
Click the bracket below to enlarge
(16) Crying Wilmer Flores vs. (8) Tim Howard Saves Everything
(2) Tom Brady's Sad Sketch vs. (7) You Play To Win The Game
(3) Everything Riley Curry Does vs. (6) Butt Fumble
(5) Playoffs?!?! vs. (13) I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined
(1) Lambeau Leap vs. (9) Ray Lewis Dance
(3) Joey Bat Flips vs. (6) Mutombo Finger Wag
(4) Iverson Stomps Over Lue vs. (5) Randy Moss Moons Green Bay
(1) Red Sox Break the Curse, 2004 vs. (9) Beckham's One-Handed Grab, 2014
(2) Tyree's Helmet Catch, 2007 vs. (10) Usain Bolt's Olympics Sweep, 2012
(3) Aaron Boone's Walk-Off HR, 2003 vs. (6) Mike Piazza's HR for NY, 2001
(4) Derek Jeter's 3,000th Hit, 2011 vs. (5) Malcolm Butler's Decisive Pick, 2015
(1) Michael Phelps, 2008 vs. (9) Tiger Woods, 2009
Voting opens at