10 reasons you seriously should have gone to Ultra Miami 2016
This article is a part of #KanvasLive, an interactive, cross-platform content series brought to life on the Kanvas app and AOL.com. See more on coverage here.
This past weekend was one of the most highly-anticipated electronic dance music (EDM) festivals in the world. Hundreds of thousands of people headed down to Miami not only to rave with A-list DJs like Afrojack and Steve Angello, but also to enjoy the food, weather and art that is always present at Ultra Miami. But what was so special about 2016 in particular?
Each DJ and performer had something different to offer -- but something they all had in common was their connection to the audience. The energy this year was off the charts, as some AOL.com editors were lucky enough to know first-hand. No worries -- you can see what we saw too through Kanvas, the massively popular app that allows users to produce viral gifs, videos and much more!
Check out some of the most awesome social media assets we acquired while having the time of our life in Miami at Ultra!
1. In case you're a huge Dannic fan (who isn't?) take note of his smile-inducing signature:
2. Always good vibes in MIA:
3. Dyro was one of the most down-to-earth performers at the festival!
4. With a name like Yolanda Be Cool, we bet you had no idea what this duo would look like IRL:
5. MAKJ could not praise all his fans for his success enough:
6. How could we forget the mouth-watering meals?
7. We even got an insider look at studio space!
8. Ultra Miami was the place to let loose and just completely be yourself:
9. ...did we mention we hung out with Afrojack?
10. The music lounges were absolutely star-studded:
More from Kanvas:
11 reasons South by Southwest was the couldn't-miss festival of the season
It's time to meet those #FitnessGoals! Get inspired with some social media 'fitspiration'
See why Okeechobee Music Festival was a music lover's dream